Donnini Coltelleria

The Coltelleria Donnini, at the time Galli, was founded in the commercial area of Via Gioberti in Florence in 1930 by Vittorio Galli, a pupil of Bianda, a famous cutlery of the early ‘900 located in Piazza del Duomo.
In 1957, at the age of 17, Mario Donnini was hired as a “shop boy” and then a pupil grinder.
Mario took over from Vittorio Galli in 1978.
In 1991 Leonardo, Mario’s son, began his apprenticeship as a grinder.
Since 1997 the shop has been managed by Silvia and Leonardo Donnini, who sell, round and repair sharp irons in general.
The passion for cutlery led to the expansion of the sales sector and in 1999 the shop was completely renovated and modernized. The sharpening workshop, now at the forefront, is located beyond a glass door, and has remained intact with the old grinding bench of Vittorio.
Despite the large assortment always updated, since the market for cutlery is vast, the company is committed to carefully search for any brand or model on order, even with direct import.
Among the curiosities, in 1999 were sold knives for the production of the film “Hannibal” shot in Florence.
In 2018, the recognition of “Bottega Storica Fiorentina” by the municipality of Florence arrived.

Donnini Coltelleria
Via Giovanni Lanza, 70
50136 FIRENZE

WEB SITE

CRAFT SHOPS PRODUCTS

Gallery